"Come What May and Love It"

-Elder Wirthlin (October 2008)


Saturday, January 19, 2013

Camping, Jared's B-day, and Santa's Village

We went camping with Kratz and Montague families. We had such a good time and the boys loved to be around older kids. I think that I have learned that I cannot sleep on the ground when I am pregnant now (man I'm old) because this time I was in bed for 2 days with back and siatic nerve problems. It was worth it...I would do it again for the boys. Nathan loved to play with Mike's shovel.


Jared adores Sam Montague. It was nice to give me a break, so I didn't have to hold him all of the time. With Matt working in the Young Men's the boys really like to rough house and play with them. A couple of the YM watched Nathan and Jared so I could go to a church activity, and Matt could play basketball. Nathan couldn't stop talking about his new friends.

Kids playing football.

I love this picture because you can see Nathan looking at Scott's feet trying to copy him.

Jared observing from the sideline. He stayed pretty close to either Sam or I.






Let's just say we didn't catch anything, but the boys just loved throwing out the line and reeling it in.




I love this picture of Jared concentrating so hard on what Livi is doing.

I think someone hijacked some pictures because the Montague's brought their dog Boomer, and I know that I took pictures because I am an animal lover like my boys. They loved to watch him fetch the stick from the lake and would hang out with him and pet her. A couple of times Boomer wanted off his leash to play with the kids and woudl start to bark a little. Nathan got so worried because Boomer had no friends and started to cry. What a tender-hearted boy.

Jared's B-day cake. Probably the reason that I was so sick after camping was because we had to rush home. Then, I had to get everything ready for Jared's party including this cake. I just had overdone it.

Jared loves Chuck E Cheese and probably asks to go about 5-10 times daily. He loves the basketball game and will stay their the entire time. In his prayers, he always mentions that he is grateful for Chuck E Cheese, hoops, baskets, and balls. What a sweet boy.

Nathan playing his favorite fireman game at Chuck E Cheese.

If you notice it is a #1 candle. My brother in-law pointed it out. If he wouldn't have said anything, I don't know that I would have noticed. Jared turned two and his dizzy, pregnant mother messed it up...it just makes these times more memorable.






Jared loves Elmo. Love this picture of my brown eyed boy.

Nathan snuggling with a puppy dog and watching some TV.

Santa's Village






Nathan was not shy around the goat at all. He would just go right up and pet it. The goat tried to jump on him once. That's my country boy.

 
I was not pleased when Matt took a photo of me at Santa's Village. You can just start to see that my tummy is a little bump.

I was sick, sick, sick and missed the boys seeing Santa the ward Christmas party. Yep...that's my Jared. Jared kept saying that he wanted a soccer ball from Santa when I asked him.

Last year, he would not even get close to Santa. When you asked Nathan what he wanted, he said, "Air compressor and hose, monkey wrench, finger paint, and bike." We went to CO for Christmas, and my brother David wrapped up a compressor hose and air gauge. Nathan was so excited to get it, and he plays with it all the time when he dresses up as a fireman, which is everyday.


Primary singing at the ward Christmas party. Nathan on the front left. This is the first time to see him sing in front of people because we missed his primary program. I was at home and sick...let's just say I cried many tears that night, not seeing some firsts of my boys.


No comments: