"Come What May and Love It"

-Elder Wirthlin (October 2008)


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mommy Trying to Keep Nathan Awake


Nathan loves to sleep during the day and not so much at night. He goes to bed around 12:30, which is a little late for me. He sleeps like a log during the day though. Thus, I am trying to get him to not sleep during the day as much, so hopefully he will go to bed earlier in the evening. This was my attempt to keep him awake. I tried to play games, sing songs, make funny noises, lay him on his back, and finally lay him on his tummy to keep him awake. He ended up sleeping anyway, so I just turned him over to his back again. He slept on the floor while I fixed and ate my breakfast.
We did have success last night on January 19th as he went to bed at 10:15pm and stayed asleep for 4 hours. It was heaven. Of course I could not sleep at that time because I was thinking about buying strawberry plants (I love gardening) and maybe getting to fly to CO to see my family.

2 comments:

Simler Family said...

Too funny! You sound just like your oldest sister! You'd think we were exhausted enough to just sleep whenever, but no such luck!

Sweet dreams!

Tanya

Don said...

Vernice,
I do love your blog. It brings tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat as I think about you and all our daughters (including Juli and Chelsea) for the beautiful daughters of God that you are. How your Heavenly Father loves you, also. Each one of you is so talented and gifted. God bless each of you.
Dad