"Come What May and Love It"

-Elder Wirthlin (October 2008)


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Beloved Garden















I have cucumbers, tomoato, peas, green beans, volunteer pumpkins, green peppers and basil in the green planters. The cucumbers, peas, green beans and volunteer pumpkins I grew from seed.














In the bigger raised bed it is mainly strawberries that are left over from last years awful heat. It was completely filled with strawberries. I have one volunteer lettuce. Then I planted spinach, carrots, peas, and one pepper plant. I had to try and plant some corn even though I am sure it won't grow big enough to produce ears. It is Nathan's favorite. It is about 4-5 inches tall right now. The boys had so much fun helping me with moving the dirt into the planters, planting, and watering. It was so much fun. It brought back many good memories of being home and helping my family garden. I always looked forward to that time of year. I am just trying to learn what seasons to plant things here and how to keep the bugs away. Gardening has brought me much joy.


















Green beans
and peas.










Raised bed.






No comments: