"Come What May and Love It"

-Elder Wirthlin (October 2008)


Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Easter






First Easter egg hunt at the Rowlett Park with church members. Nathan definitely had the goal to get lots of eggs, but Jared was interested with opening one and finding the treasure inside. While we were at the park, Jared thought a fireant pile was dirt and took a big handful. He came over to me and then started crying. He has the longest breath from when he gets hurt to when you actually hear him cry. I felt so sorry and bad for him. He had all of these little welts all over his hands and arms. I dont' know how he didn't fall in the ant pile and actually get more bites. I think an angel must have been watching over him and caught him. You could see the huge pile had been demolished by his hand. The funny thing is that he has no marks left from the bite, but the three bites that I received from get them off have left scars. I am so glad that he is okay.




It was always fond memories for me to color eggs every year with my family. I want to keep that same tradition and the boys loved it. Matt was worried about the mess it would cause and the nasty smell of vinegar (which he absolutely despises), so I used lemon juice. The boys did great and loved it.







Easter at Nana and Grandaddy's house was so nice to be with family. We loved getting together and spending time as a family. The boys love to go over there, and Nana at least once or twice a week requests to go over. They especially love to play in the back yard. I forgot to mention the last time that we were there, Nathan went to the bathroom and noticed that Nana had a new Lysol spray in the bathroom. Nathan pays attention to detail so well and has an amazing memory.




Easter at our house. We decided to do an Easter egg hunt at our house too because we weren't getting together with Matt's family until a couple weeks after Easter. The boys had fun of course and being MOM I had to get lots of pictures of all three occasions. Can't ever have too many pictures. More important the the memories and the candy is remembering our Savior and that He lives. I am so thankful for his sacrifice and love. We had an FHE on Christ and his death and ressurection. Nathan and Jared loved to look and hold the pictures I showed them, but Nathan was so interested in Christ have nails put in his hands and feet and how much that would hurt. Nathan always pays attention when it is someone getting hurt or deals with lots of emotion (e.g. Good Samaritan, Christ calming the sea, etc...). The last picture here is Nathan feeding a strawberry to Jared. They are such sweet boys, and I love them so much.

No comments: