"Come What May and Love It"

-Elder Wirthlin (October 2008)


Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Projects Before Baby Comes

One project that I have been working on for some time is drawing pictures for a book for our little boy and future children. Since I love animals so much, I decided that would be the theme. Right now I am focusing on safari animals, but I also want to draw farm animals. I am drawing the pictures mainly in oil pastel with touch-up in color pencil. I am trying to make the book so that it can be of interest with little ones as well as when our children get older. I figured children love to imitate the sounds animals make and will love the bright colors. I told Matt he would have to come up with the sounds that a giraffe and elephant make. On each page is a fact about the animal so when our children get older they can use it as a book to read. I have also contact papered each page in hopes that it will preserve each page longer.

Matt also brought to my attention that "Nathan" will not have a stocking for his first Christmas. I hurried and ordered stockings for Matt and "Nathan" on-line. You can see that I have a long ways to go before I am done, but I have really been enjoying the project. I have already called Mom several times about questions, which she so patiently explains to me over the phone. It has been quite a learning experience. Who said I can't sew!!!



3 comments:

Don said...

Vernice, Mom and I think your animal pictures/book is looking great. You're really ahead of most of us by adding facts, etc. thinking ahead! We would like to hear Matt's sounds for the giraffe and hippo. You have to have a hippo. Nice job. The stocking is certainly coming along. Thanks for sharing.
Mom and Dad

Simler Family said...

Vernice, Your pictures are wonderful! I'm glad someone in the family has some artistic talent. I think you ought to make copies of it for your nieces and nephews someday :)
Tanya

Bree said...

You are quite the handy woman aren't you! Oh the things you learn about people outside of classrooms! I'm glad you gave me your blog so we can keep in touch better. I am so excited for you to have your little mister! Good luck!